Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 2009

Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ: it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

As a child of God, we are to live life differently than those who do not have a relationship with Christ Jesus. Our lives should exemplify the faith we have in Jesus. The Bible says we are to walk by faith and not by sight, 2 Corinthians 5:7. The faith that enables us to trust Jesus for our salvation is the faith that grows in our relationship with Him, enabling us to live in obedience to Him.

Our hearts desire to live righteously for Him is not to win or gain God’s love, but because we already have it! We love Him because He first loved us, 1 John 4:19. Therefore, we should willingly die to self and allow the Spirit of God to live the life of Christ through us. The Christian life is lived through faith. This means “the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God” cannot be accomplished apart from the Holy Spirit’s enablement.

The Christian life lived out biblically will be radically different compared to what most people call “normal”. The normal Christian life will appear abnormal to others! As day is different from night, so should the Christian life be different than those who do not have a relationship with the living God.

Lord, help us dare to live and be different and make a difference in this world for Your glory. May our faith in You be seen through our living for You. Help us to walk in the paths of righteousness for Your names sake.

Learning to serve,
Robert Finley

No comments: